Insecurity can end in Nigeria.
Although many lives have been lost and resources destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents and other terrorist groups, yet this ugly situation can end if these measures are taken.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
Photo credit: Mission Network News
1) Any Nigerian involved in money laundering above 5 million naira should be killed.
2) Anyone arrested with prohibited firearms whether using it or not should be jailed for 5 years with no other option of fine etc.
3) All politicians should have a maximum of 2 security escorts. This will make them work more on the fight against insecurity because they will have weak protection too.
4) More border guards should be recruited and placed at the Nigeria's land and water borders. This will prevent the entry of terrorists from other countries and illegal importation of weapons.
5) The salary of all armed forces should be increased to improve their welfare.
6) Anyone found to be involved in sponsoring any terrorist group in Nigeria should be killed instantly.
7) Interstate borders should also be guarded rightly to prevent the movement of terrorists from one state to another.
8) Anyone who discloses terrorists' hideouts should be rewarded appropriately.
9) Any company found to be selling or purchasing firearms should be impounded.
10) Any terrorist arrested should be sentenced to life imprisonment and anyone who appeals for the release of such individual should be jailed for 5 years whoever he or she is.
If these strategies can be adopted, I believe Nigeria will experience peace and development rapidly.
If Nigeria's borders aren't porous how do Boko Haram members get their weapons? If they have no sponsor, how do they finance their nefarious budgets? Who can sponsor them till this time with his own money if not stolen money?