Here are the latest hottest news in the nation, Nigeria this morning being Saturday, 24th of October, 2020. Don't miss it
The governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said the terms of reference of judicial panel set up to investigate political equality and rights violation has been expanded.
He disclosed this on Friday while briefing reporters at the Lagos house in Marina.
It comes three days after some #EndSARS protesters were killed in the shooting at Lekki toll gate.
The governor however asked residents to provide the panel with useful information that will help in the effective probe against SARS operatives and also said the people of the state will be receiving petitions from Monday.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned The Killing of #EndSARS protesters by military men at Lekki tollgate in Lagos on Tuesday.
The former president in a statement released on Friday, also called for Peace, adding that no nation wins against its people.
He further stated that the use of deadly force against citizens only only worsens the tensed situation while condoling with the families of victims who lost their lives.
He however urged president Muhammadu Buhari to fulfill his promise and also urged the youths to stop protesting that their voices have been heard.
Hoodlums on Friday evening stormed an uncompleted building owned by the Cross River State government and looted some food items believed to be part of the Covid-19 palliatives stored there.
The building, housing the proposed west African fabrication Academy, was where Governor Ben Ayade last April held s symbolic flag-off exercise for distribution of Covid-19 palliatives.
According to reports, they charted away bags of rice, beans, cartoons of noodles and other food items believed to be transferred from the warehouse to the uncompleted building.
Earlier on Friday, hoodlums had also stormed Calabar state local government secretariat where office of the Ite local government chairman was vandalized.
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday commended president Muhammadu Buhari's response to the #EndSARS protest during his Nationwide address to Nigerians.
The president said in his address to Nigerians on the social unrest in the country on Thursday night that the Federal Government was working on the implementation of the #EndSARS campaigners' five-point demand.
Obasanjo, according to a statement issued by the special adviser on media and publicity to the President, Femi Adesina, told president Buhari at a meeting of the country's leaders that "he made point that should be commended".
Obasanjo had earlier in the week urged president Buhari to restrain the military and other security forces from using brute force to quite protests.
He however warned that Killing of protesters only worsen the crisis and makes dialogue impossible.
Hoodlums on Friday burgled and looted valuable goods in a popular shopping mall, Memories Superstore located in the timber town of Sapele, Sapele council area of Delta state.
It happened after a 14-hour curfew imposed by governor Ifeanyi Okowa to reduce further loss of lives and destruction of properties across the state.
However, the special assistant to the state governor on security matters, Omasan Mabiaku, who spoke at the scene said that the hoodlums will soon be made known to the people of the state and they will be prosecuted immediately.
President Muhammadu Buhari didn't mention anything about the shooting of protesters in Lekki on Tuesday night during Nationwide broadcast because it would be premature and presumptuous.
Many Nigerians has carpeted Buhari for not mentioning about the shooting or empathising with the victims during the much-awaited presidential broadcast, describing the omission as deliberate and callous.
But his special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, who appeared on a popular Show on Channels Television monitored by the Nations, said the president could have said anything about the shooting because it was being investigated and the Lagos government has also set up probe to investige what really happened.
Two police officer were confirmed dead following an attack by suspected of hoodlums in Osumeyi police state in Nnewi south local government area of Anambra state, while two other officers where fatally wounded during the attack.
Confirming the incident, police spokesperson, Haruna Muhammed, said the deceased where the Divisional Police Officer and the Station Officers. He also said the suspects also attacked Araifite Area Command/Division, vandalized and set the facilities ablaze, carting away exhibits.
He however said six Suspects were arrested in connection with the recent attack on 3-3 police station adding that efforts were on to arrest other fleeing perpetrators.
Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Friday, described as huge the extent of devastation caused by hoodlums during violence that trailed the #EndSARS protests across the state.
The governor, who stated this when visited some of the places destroyed by hoodlums across the state, adding that the state government had activated the process of healing from the large scale destruction in the state.
He said " He will not be under my term the we will lose the city that haa the largest economy in the entire black nation.
Do LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT and FOLLOW me for more political updates.