View pictures in App save up to 80% data. President Uhuru Kenyatta is in Nakuru Lanet Army trading school to officiate the commissioning of Kenya Army Cadet. Today's Cadets will be graduating with bachelor's of military science from Kenyatta University which they studied for three years.
For one to qualify to be recruited as a cadet officer, they should posses the following observation during;
1. Be A Kenyan citizen and must not be a holder of dual citizenship.
2. Be of age between 18-26 years old for general service officer and 29 for specialized officers.
3. One must be medically and physically fit in accordance with KDF standards.
4. Should not have any criminal record.
5. Men should have a minimum height of 1.60m while female should be 1.52m.
6. Men should have minimum weight of 54.55kg while females 50kg.
7. Female candidates should not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and also during training.
8. Applicants should have a mean grade of B (plain) with C+ in English, Mathematics and any other Pure sciences like Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
After successful completion of cadet training courses in cadet school, army cadet is commissioned into the rank of the army Second Lieutenant (2/Lt) or Lieutenant (Lt).
See their salary in the photo below. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.