The Blues have a lot of great players in the squad, but who are the ones that stand out?
The Blues have enjoyed a fantastic start to the season as the team sits 3rd in the Premier League (just 2 points off leaders Spurs) and top of the Champions League table, having already qualified for the next round of the competition.
You can't achieve success on the field without some amazing players - according to the manager, a few players within the squad and other experts of the game, here are 8 Chelsea players who are just built different:
- Frank Lampard: "I think Kovacic, when you look at our squad this year we have competition, as top teams generally do, and I need players who can come in lift the level, and bring something different. That’s hard because every player wants to play all the time but Kova added that [edge]."
- Jurgen Klopp: "Chelsea have plenty of threats - Chrisitan Pulisic, Mason Mount and I know Kai Havertz from the Bundesliga – he will play a proper role this season."
- Hakim Ziyech: "Kai and Timo they are two big talents and I think they already proved that in the past [with their old clubs]. Christian is also one of the biggest talents. It's really exciting to work with them."
- Reece James: "Thiago has brought a lot of experience. He's one of the best in the world and has helped me a lot. Further forward, there have been signs with Hakim in training. Ever since he arrived, we got on well. His left foot is just unbelievably good."
- Pat Nevin: "Obviously Kai Havertz, Ben Chilwell and Timo Werner are each already off the mark, but it still feels like Timo and Kai are just bubbling under ready to explode onto the scene. We're waiting for an explosion of goals from them."
- Frank Lampard: "We brought him [Ziyech] in to do a job. Maybe people have forgotten a bit because we signed him in January and he’s missed the start of the season. Tonight he certainly showed that he’s here."
- Tomas Vaclik (Sevilla keeper): "Werner, Havertz, Pulisic… We know that especially in the attack Chelsea has great players, a very strong attack. We have a very nice game against a great team. We really want to play this competition and against rivals of this level."