15 Things You Didn’t Know About McDonald’s
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. There are only a few branches that resisted on a recession, and McDonald’s is one of it. The business was not harmed by the crisis at all, and they managed to keep their reputation. They have restaurants all over the World, and they proved that they can be very flexible in terms of cultural identity, and gave us a lot o diversity. So, with that said, let us present to you some amazing facts, about this enormous food chain, that revolutionized the idea of fast food. These are the 15 things you don’t know about McDonald’s!
1. They sold over 100 billion hamburgers
Since its beginnings McDonald’s managed to reach an incredible number of costumers, and the results can be seen in the number of products that they sell every year.
2. They serve approximately 9 million pounds of french fries World wide, each day
At first the french fries were not in the menu, but later when they appeared, they made quite a reputation of being one of the tastiest french fries in the World.
3. They are expanding really fast
At every 4 hours a new McDonald’s is being built, and from 2011 to 2013, they opened in China a new restaurant each day.
4. McDonald’s is the biggest owner of retail property
You will be surprised to find out that most of the company’s profits are not coming from selling food, but by collecting the rent.
5. Hong Kong is a big McDonald’s lover
All the top 10 places of the busiest McDonald’s restaurants are occupied by Hong Kong.
6. They encourage a balanced diet
Every year McDonald’s buys over 50 million pounds of fresh apples, encouraging people to balance their eating behavior.
7. McDonald’s has a “Hamburger University”
If you are interested in that, you will find amazing that 80,000 students had already got a degree in Bachelor of Hamburgerology.
8. Not everyone can pronounce “Ronald McDonald” right
In fact, in Japan they call it “Donald McDonald” because the pronunciation is much more easier for them.
9. Every day McDonald’s feeds 1% of the World’s population
You probably think that is not much, but 1% means 68 million people. That is a huge number for a restaurant chain.
10. They do many statistics when they open a new restaurant
Today there are more than 35,000 McDonald’s all over the World, but they are very cautious when they open a new one. McDonald’s don’t open a new franchise unless the territory is economically viable.
11. McDonald’s has one of the most recognisable logo in the World
It is impossible that you have not seen a McDonald’s logo at least once in your life. In fact their logo is more recognized by people, than the Catholic cross.
12. There are 179 McDonald’s in India
Although it is a country where most of the people do not eat beef or pork, even they can’t resist the temptation of eating a tasty Big Mac.
13. They have their own museum
The museum was opened in 2007 in western Pennsylvania, to celebrate the Big Mac 40th anniversary, and it feature the World’s biggest Big Mac statue.
14. McDonald’s use the assembly line method
Because they have so much clients, they have to be very productive, so they use the same method that Ford used to make cars.
15. Some people used McDonald’s food in exchange for sex
Yes, that is exactly what you’ve heard. Donald Jones, a 58 years old man, offered McDonald’s food to a prostitute, in order to have sex with him. I know that the food is great, but REALLY?