5 Reasons Why SASSA might not pay other people who applied for Social Relief Distress Grant
The Social Relief Distress Grant issue has been going on for quite a long time now, many unemployed people have been waiting to get paid by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
The money was supposed to be paid as from April as stated by the president but until now alot of people are still not paid. The President Cyril Ramaphosa offered to pay a sum of R350 to all unemployed South African Citizens who are not getting any sort of income from anywhere. Last week some people did receive SMSs telling them to go collect their cash at the nearest Post office, and some applications were also rejected. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
Here are some of the reasons why SASSA might not pay other unemployed citizens :
1. There might be a lot of traffic in their systems that needs alot of time and dedication from SASSA workers.
2. There might be corruption involved, maybe money was used carelessly and there's not enough money left to pay the rest of the people.
3. Maybe the government haven't set enough budget for Social Relief Distress grant and SASSA may still be waiting for the rest of the money from the Government.
4. The easing of some rules and regulations at each level of the COVID-19 lockdown may also be the cause as people are starting to be able to move around and most companies are open.
5. The Government may have had second thoughts about this matter and decided to stop the payments.