12 fears every pregnant woman faces during pregnancy and how to overcome them.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. Pregnancy is a very delicate time in the lives of all females, the need the highest amount of attention and care. Even if all of these is provided ,there are still some psychological fears they face and here are some of them;
1) I'll have a miscarriage: miscarriages usually occur within the first trimester of pregnancy, so once you go for an ultrasound and your doctor hears a heartbeat usually around 6 to 8 weeks, you are good to go. Second and third trimester miscarriages are usually very rare.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. 2) I hope my baby is getting enough food with my terrible morning sickness: Don't worry babies have a way of getting enough nutrition from their mothers. Just eat little bits and you'll be fine and your baby also. By your 16th week of pregnancy your morning sickness should be gone, and this is about the time your baby needs to start gaining weight so start eating more .
3) Could I harm my baby by eating and drinking the wrong things: During your antenatal your doctor will give you the dos and don'ts of pregnancy so pay attention, and limit your alcohol intake.
4)My stress might be hurting the baby: With working, taking care of the family and planning for a baby, you are bound to be stressed every once in a while. There is no point in stressing over if you are stressed it isn't healthy, don't worry your body is stronger than you give it credit for and you're not harming your baby. Except in serious cases of stress like loss of a loved one or job, this type of stress isn't healthy and could lead to premature delivery.
5) My baby will have a birth defect: no they won't as long as you take your multivitamins,folic acid, prenatal vitamins and avoid radiations you are good to go.
6)I may go into labour early : Don't smoke or drink alcohol, take your drugs and always go for your antenatal checkup. Early labour mostly happens within 34 to 36weeks except in severe cases so you're still safe. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
7)Will I ever lose the baby weight: This is a universal pregnant women worry, yes you will. Apart from exercise and dieting, breastfeeding is an effective weight loss tactics very good for slimming down.
8)I may have complications like gestational diabetes or preeclampsia: which are diabetes and high blood pressure as a result of pregnancy. Well this only occurs in about 5 to 8percent of all pregnancy, and is easily detected by your doctors and can be taken care of.
9)Sex will never be the same: Just give your body some time to heal the sex becomes better.
10) Labour will be too tough or painful: just remember women have been giving birth since the dawn of time, you'll be fine. Read pregnancy books and take child birth classes.
11) I might need a C-section: If it is required remember, it's for the good of you and your baby and recently most women prefer it to normal delivery. It's just a normal every day procedure for your doctor you'll be fine .
12)I won't be a good mum: No you won't, you'll be a great and fantastic mother, the best in the world to your child . View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
To all the expectant mothers you will be perfectly fine. Need more info hit the follow button.