Do You Eat Roasted Corn? See What It Does To Your Health
When eating roasted corn you are taking a very big risk. Corn contains phytic acid, which may reduce mineral absorption. Roasted corn is very common in Nigeria because it's being sold almost at the ends of every road stretch.
Today am going to share with your readers some side effects roasted corn has to do to your body.
1. It increases allergic Reactions: Consuming corn can lead to allergies and symptoms like rashes on the skin, swelling of mucous membrane, vomiting, etc.
2. Risk Of Pellagra: Corn is a staple food of many people. If you consume corn in high amounts, then you are at the risk of pellagra. For those that doesn't know the meaning of "Pellagra" is the deficiency of vitamins, especially niacin in the body.
3. It causes Bloating And Flatulence: Corn contains a high percentage of starch. When you consume corn, it breaks down in the large intestine and produces a lot of gas.
4. Causes Stomach Upset and Indigestion: Corn is a good source of fiber and other vital nutrients, which helps in flushing out bad toxins from the body.
5. Causes diarrhea and Irritation of the intestines: This happens only when corn is consumed raw, as it can result in diarrhea. Corn also leads to many intestinal disorders.
6. Increases Body weight and size: Corn contains a heavy dose of sugar and carbohydrate which leads to increase in body weight and size.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
Instead of putting your life at risk by eating roasted corn, you should try boiling it so you be on the safe side of life
NOTE: TOO MUCH INTAKE OF CORN IS INJURIOUS TO THE HEALTH.
PHOTO CREDIT: PINTEREST