Learn about the function keys of the computer.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. Hey guys, good evening to you all.
How was your day? Hope it wasn't a stressful day? I just felt like making a blog post to teach us on what the F1 through F12 keys are and laws of computer.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. View pictures in App save up to 80% data. So let's get started already, get your pen and jotter, so you can write something. Am not sure your gonna learn this elsewhere so I will advice you to TAKE YOUR TIME and READ THIS CAREFULLY.
F keys is an abbreviation for Function keys. F1 through F12 keys may have a variety of different uses or no use at all. Depending on the installed operating system and the software program currently open will change how each of these keys operate. A program is capable of not only using each of the function keys, but also combining the function keys with the ALT and or CTRL keys, for example, Microsoft Windows users can press ALT + F4 to close the program currently active.
Below is a short listing of some of the common functions of the functions keys on computers running Microsoft Windows. As mentioned above not all programs support function keys and or may perform different tasks then those mentioned below. If you are looking for more specific shortcut keys and function key examples we suggest seeing our shortcut key page.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. F1 ➡ Almost always used as the help key, almost every program will open the help screen when this key is pressed.
* Windows key + F1 would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
* Open the task page.
F2 ➡ In windows commonly used to rename a highlighted icon or file.
* Alt + ctrl + F2 opens a new document in Microsoft word.
* Ctrl + F2 displays the print preview window in Microsoft word.
F3 ➡ Often opens a search feature for many programs including Microsoft Windows.
* Shift + F3 will change the text in Microsoft word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
F4 ➡ Open find window.
* Repeat the last action performed ( word 2000 +).
* Alt + F4 will close the program currently active in Microsoft windows.
* Ctrl + F4 will close the open window within the current active window in Microsoft Windows.
F5 ➡ In all modern internet browsers pressing F5 will refresh or reload the page or document window.
* Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft word.
* Starts a slide in PowerPoint.
F6 ➡ Move the cursor to the Address bar in Internet explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
* Ctrl + shift + F6 opens to another Microsoft word document.
F7 ➡ Commonly used to spell check a document in Microsoft word, outlook, etc.
* Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
* Turns on Caret browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
F8 ➡ Function key used to enter the windows startup menu, commonly use to get into windows safe mode.
F9 ➡ Opens the measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
F10 ➡ In Microsoft Windows activates the menu bar of an open application.
* Shift + F10 is the same as right - clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or internet link.
F11 ➡ Full screen mode in all modern internet browsers.
F12 ➡ Open the save as window in Microsoft word.
* Shift + F12 save the Microsoft word document.
Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in Microsoft word.