opera.com

Reader mode

My Life Is Under Threat, Etta + Group Petition Buhari Over Appointment + Court Struck Out Suit

Giantnews 06/24/2020

My Life is Under Threat, Hilliard Etta

View pictures in App save up to 80% data. The National Vice Chairman South South of the ruling All Progressive Congress(APC), Hilliard Etta, has raised alarm over threat to his life.

Hilliard Etta said some prople were after his life in a telephone call in Abuja on Wednessday.

Eta also alleged that some unidentified thugs were being brought from Port Harcourt to burn the party secretariat.

He said the thugs want to burn the party secretariat and make it look like the NWC of the party instigated the fire simply because they dont want Victor Giadom to take over as the acting National Chairman of the party.

The party Chieftain added that he has moved from his house to the party secretariat, from where he will report the matter to the security agency.


Group Petition Buhari Over Appointment

View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

A social group, Oyo Good Governance Forum (OGGF), has petitioned President Muhammad Buhari over an alleged move by a Director in the Federal Civil Service to replace Oyo slot for the appointment of Permanently Secretary.

The group in a statement jointly signed by its chairman Alhaji Lamidi Abiola Lateef and Secretary Prince Alao Babs Alakija in Abuja, alleged that a female Director in service had claimed to be from Oyo State whereas her origin could not be traced to anywhere in Oyo State.

In the petition, the group said the woman is believed to have been born in Oyo but not from the state, adding that OGGF findings show that the woman was from either Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers.

They appealed to Buhari to investigate the matter to unearth how a woman from another state has continued to make use of a state other than hers for so long without detection and bring the culprit(s) to book.


Court Strike Out Suit Against Edo Governor

View pictures in App save up to 80% data. A Federal High Court in Port Harcourt on Wednesday has struck out a suit seeking to bar Governor Godwin Obaseki from contesting the Edo State Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship primary scheduled to hold tommorrow.

Justice E. O Obile struck out the suit following the decision of the parties to agree to out of court settlement and withdrew the matter.

Counsel for the plaintiff in the matter had earlier sought leave of the court to settle with the defendants, which counsels for the defendants did not object.

The court took a recess in the morning to allow parties in the suit amicably settle their contentions out of court.

Source: opera.com
The views expressed in this article are the writer's, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Read more>>

Less Data,More News — Less than 1MB