APC NEC: Major decisions taken at the APC NEC meeting
[email protected] 06/26/2020
The leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC from across the country including President Muhammadu Buhari, the vice president Yemi Osinbanjo, governors, National Assembly leaders as well as some national and state party executive members gathered at the State House yesterday for the party's National Executive Committee, NEC meeting. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
The NEC meeting was convened by the deputy national Secretary of the party, Mr Victor Giadom, who has assumed the role of the acting National Chairman of the party after the Appeal Court upheld it's judgement on the suspension of Adams Oshiomhole. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
The following are the outcome of the NEC meeting:
1. The National Working Committee, NWC of the party was dissolved following the recommendation of President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. A Caretaker/Extra-ordinary National Convention Committee was constituted which is led by the Yobe state governor, Mai Malla Buni.
3. The following were appointed members of the Caretaker Committee:
-The governor of Yobe state, Mai Malla Buni (chairman)
- Ken Nnamani (representing South East)
- The governor of Osun state, Isiaka Oyetola (representing South West)
- Stella Okoreti (representing women)
- Dr James Kali (representing physically challenged)
- Governor Sani Bello (representing North Central)
- Senator Abubakar Yusuf (representing the Senate)
- Hon. Akinyemi Olaide (representing the House of Representatives)
- Senator Akpan Udoedele (secretary)
- David Leon (representing South South)
- Ismail Ahmed (representing the youth)
- Prof Tahir Mamman (representing North East)
4. The Caretaker Committee is to conduct a National Convention to elect new APC National Leaders within six months View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
5. The Edo state governorship primaries was resolved.
6. A resolution to discontinue all litigation involving the party and it's members.
Despite the NEC meeting yesterday, the All Progressives Congress, APC is still divided owing to the fact that some party chieftains were not consulted before convening the NEC meeting.
Also the dissolved National Working Committee, NWC members are preparing for legal action against the party.