Blow To Kirinyaga County Assembly as Governor Ann Mumbi Waiguru Found Not Guilty
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
Governor Ann Waiguru has been accused by the county assembly for abuse of office and violating the constitution which prompted the county assembly led by Mutira MCA David Kinyua Wangui to table a motion for her impeachment which eventually went through amidst chaos.
A 11 member committee was formed chaired by Sen Cleophas Malala, tasked to grill the matter and come UP with a recommendation as to whether she is guilty or not, the entire process divided the senate to the usual TangaTanga and Kieleweke factions just like Gov. Waititus case.
Politicians allied to Deputy President expressed their frustrations citing that she has been sanitised by capital hill bleach and that she will walk free, but the truth of the matter is that this was purely to control the narrative and paint the process in a bad light in order to sway public opinion to advance their agenda of recently formed Jubilee Asili.
Reasons why Kirinyaga county assembly will loose the case at the senate committee.
- The manner at which the impeachment motion was passed was chaotic
- Their legal representation was a one man show rather than a team of legal minds
- The county assembly witnesses were more of grudge bearing individuals rather than meaningful witness bearing valid information
- The county assembly failed to link the governor to the allegations which led to her impeachment
- The county assembly was a bit disorganised and not ready to defend their position
In the eyes of the public Waiguru's impeachment was more political than abuse of office, but the case will be lost on merits and failure of the county assembly to link their allegations to the accused, as we can tell from the proceedings she was not adversely mentioned.
Lets wait and see for the true verdict, shall we?