Some Facts About Sugar And Diabetes You Need To Know
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
Diabetes is one of the dangerous diseases in the world which can kill easily but a lot of mystic believe about sugar directly causing diabetes.
Because a lot of people have misconception about it here are some here are some facts about the role of sugar or calories causing diabetes.
1. Sugar is from a secondary family of glucose called "sucrose". Which means sugar is a form of glucose.
2. There are two types of diabetes namely Type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes
3. Type 1 diabetes occurs when your body cells responsible for the production of insulin (a hormone made by the pancreas keep your sugar level from getting too high in the blood) is destroyed. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
4. Type 2 occurs your body produces the insulin alright but your body does not use the insulin due to many medical reasons like abnormal body fat and alcohol. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
5. With these abnormalities in your system, you will be consuming a lot of food (calories) but it will not be used by the body. In other words you have food in your body but you will be starving because the insulin responsible for making the consumed food work is not up to use by the body.
6. Note that sugar does not cause directly cause diabetes, but rather, if you have diabetes, high calorie containing food can increase the circulating glucose level. High glucose foods like fufu, banku and other starchy meals should be avoided as much as possible if you have diabetes.
7.Rather than eating high glucose containing food eat a lot of fiber containing meals like carrots, carbage and other vegetables.
Get ready for the next episode.
Please like, share for friends, live a comment and follow this platform for new health talk and updates.