Check your pronunciation …Is it pronounced ‘’OH NION OR A NION’’
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
The English language is one interesting language with variety of rules governing words and how they are pronounced. There is this notion that, ‘’we can choose to pronounce it like how everybody is pronouncing it’’. Do we think that is right? If not, then let us look at words, their correct pronunciation and the wrong ones.
Words we pronounce wrongly because of the silent letters in between them. The silent letters in the words have been deepen
There are more of these but let us look at the common ones
1. Honest is pronounced Anest not horr nest
2. Parliament is pronounced parliment not parliament
3. Country is pronounced Kantri not country (as in counting)
4. Plumber is pronounced plumer not plumber
5. Chocolate is pronounced choclate not chocolate
6. Soften is pronounced sofin not softin
General words we usually pronounce wrongly because everyone does the same
7. Onion is pronounced anion not ohnion
8. Budget is pronounced bajit not bajet
9. Judge is pronounced jadge not jerge
10. Cover is pronounced kava not korva
11. Student is pronounced stewdent not stoodent
12. Monkey is pronounced mankey not mornkey
13. Publish is pronounced pablish not porblish.
14. Front is pronounced frant not front
15. Comfort is pronounced Kamfort not komfort
There are more of them and I will encourage you to search and improve your English. Please like and share