Five things to do when crosing a road
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. How to prevent our self from normal accident when crossing a road ahead. Most often people involved themselves in accident due to ignorance of road sign.our carelessness lead is to accidents on road. I have a suggested ways you can teach your wards at home or we can all observe it very helpful.
1. THINK FIRST - PLAN
Find the safest place to cross then stop.
If available cross the road at a zebra crossing, traffic light crossings or at traffic islands or where there is a police officer or a traffic warden. Wait on the pavement until the traffic has completely stopped.
If not available, choose a place where you can see clearly along the roads in all directions, and where drivers can see you.
Never cross on turns
- Stand on the pavement little way back from the edge. You should be away from the traffic but still be able to see all around. Even if there is no pavement stand at a little distance from the edge.
- Don't hurry, give yourself time and have a good look all round.
3. WATCH AND LISTEN
- Look for traffic in all directions and listen.
4. WAIT UNTIL IT'S SAFE
- Wait patiently and let the traffic pass.
- Cross when there is a safe gap and you are sure there is enough time.
Don't cross if you are not sure.
5. WATCH AND LISTEN
- When it's safe, walk directly across the road.
- Keep looking & listening while crossing.
- Never run.