How To Register Ghana Passport Yourself, Step By Step Guide, Price And What You Need
View pictures in App save up to 80% data.
A passport is the official document given by the government of a specific country to identify a person as its legal citizen. Most times you have to produce a passport before you access most services in Ghana.
What You Need Before You Can Apply Online Ghana Passport:
1. Birth certificate
2. Other documents to support the birth certificate like Nation ID
3. Evidence of Profession: Student ID for students, work ID or a business certification for self employed people
How much do you need to pay:
1. Expedited Application GHS 100.00
2. Standard Application GHS 50.00
Every Ghanaian can apply for a Passport via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Portal. This guide will guide you through the process.
1. Visit the Ghana Passport Application Portal at https://passport.mfa.gov.gh. and create an account. You will receive an SMS on your phone for confirmation of your account. Confirm the account by entering the SMS in a confirmation box.
2. Login to your portal with your username and password. After you log in, click on start New Application and make payment for the processing fee.Payment can be made by choosing a bank. Buy an E-Voucher from any of the following banks:Ecobank, GBC and Zenith Bank Ghana Branches nationwide
After paying the processing fee, the forms will be sent to your account to continue your registration process.
4. Locate the forms at 'my application' section and click application to start to fill in all required information accurately, then sign the declaration form.
5. Book an appointment to visit the passport application centre to verify your documents and take your Biometric Details that is photograph and fingerprints. Download your application form for your guarantor to fill and sign.
6. After signing the documents, you can visit the passport application centre with it on your appointed date. Your documents will be verified and your biometric details will also be taken. After your appointment, the passport application centre will indicate to you when your passport will be ready for collection
7. When your passport is ready, you will receive an SMS. When you receive the SMS, visit the passport application centre you did the biometrics to claim your Ghana passport