opera.com

Reader mode

A Mother Noticed A Strange Black Spot Inside Her Baby's Nose, She Then Realizes What Was The Cause

Dagov 2d

A mother saw a strange black spots inside her baby boy's nose - and then she realize the scary truth.

Many people use scented candles to create a cozy environment at home.

But not everybody is aware of they can be risky and carcinogenic, as new studies shows. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

This is something a woman called Meghan Budden experienced closely when she found something very worrying about her baby son.

The woman was breast feeding her son when she saw mysterious black spots inside his baby's nostrils.

But what she didn't understand at the time is that those black spots are behind 20,000 loss of life cases each year. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

When she was breast feeding her baby, she noticed black spots on a towel.

And when she took a closer look, she noticed the same black dots inside her baby's nose.

And she had no idea what brought about those spots, and even after cleansing the babies nose, there was still black soot inside of it.

Very quickly, she thought about it and found out what was the cause. It was the scented candles. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

There, at the candle box, was a small warning: "Do not light for more than three hours straight".

The scented candles started to produce soot, which spread through the room leaving the baby without a choice but to breathe it.

Moreover, soot causes respiratory issues and is behind approximately 300,000 asthma attacks. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

The soot created by scented candles is so small that it can not be visible in the air.

Experts advise cutting the candle thread often and not permitting it to burn for more than three consecutive hours to prevent the soot from spreading across the house.

If you notice the candle starts to spread soot, turn it off immediately.

Fortunately, the whole thing ended well for the mother and her son. View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

She has not observed anything out of the ordinary since the incident.

Meghan says that from now on, she will look twice at the candle caution labels - and we ought to do so too.

I hope this story has helped to raise attention about the dangers of lighting scented candles indoors.

Source: opera.com
The views expressed in this article are the writer's, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Read more>>
Top Comments
+234-809166**** · 10/20/2020
Very educative

Less Data,More News — Less than 1MB